Home Page

St James CofE Primary and Nursery School

Home Page

St James CofE Primary and Nursery School

What agencies can provide support for children with SEND in our school?

When a pupil has been identified as needing some additional specialist support in school, we work with a range of external agencies and professionals.


These include:


  • Communication & Interaction Team
  • Behaviour Support Team
  • SEN Support Team
  • Education Psychology Service
  • Speech and Language Therapy Service
  • Integrated Children Services
  • Occupational Therapy Service
  • Children and Adolescence Mental Health Service
  • School Nurse
  • Parent Support Advisor


How will this happen?


You may be asked to give your permission for the school to refer your child to a specialist professional, e.g. a Speech and Language Therapist or Educational Psychologist. This will help your and the school to understand your child’s particular needs better and be able to support them more effectively.


The specialist professional will then work with your child to understand their needs and make recommendations about the ways your child is given additional support.